As I posted previously most of the reaction to Sanders is based on the hyperventilating by pundits/show hosts on the corporate media fearful of losing their 7 figure salaries that has been granting them access to the world of the elites.
The reality of Sanders’ political views is not what they are regurgitating on cable news. The reality is Sanders’ spin on democratic socialism would be mainstream in say France or Germany where it’s just accepted as a component of the political landscape, but Sanders’ views are his own and in no way align with communists or radical socialists.
Are these views too radical for you?
- Putting an end to foreign wars
- Reduce the military budget
- Expand Medicare for everyone
- Abolish the Death Penalty
- Eliminate mandatory minimum sentences
- Eliminate private prisons
- Cancelling student debt
- Eliminate the Electoral College
- Ban fracking
- Break up agribusiness
This is not a radical revolutionary agenda. It is revolutionary in that it would take control of our government out of the hands of the uber rich.
Sanders is not a radical socialist, radical socialists want to:
- nationalize the banks, Sanders does not
- nationalize the fossil fuel industry, Sanders does not
- nationalize the arms industry, Sanders does not
- criminally prosecute the financial elites who trashed our economy, Sanders does not
- prosecute the politicians who lied us into preemptive wars which were anything but and resulted in the death of millions costing us $5-7T, Sanders does not
- call for worker ownership of factories and business, Sanders does not
- call for an end to capitalism, Sanders does not
Also it’s good to know Sanders:
- Does’t promise to halt the govt’s wholesale surveillance of the public
- Will not punish companies who move manufacturing overseas
- Believes the political system, including the Democratic Party can be reformed from within
- Does not support sustained mass civil disobedience to bring down the system as the only hope of halting climate change
When you take in all of this, Sanders is not radical at all, he’s more of an enlightened moderate making all the vicious attacks against him absolutely disingenuous. That’s because they are. Be smarter than they are, argue the facts not the fears of those in the media of losing a very cushy lifestyle.
Source: The New Rules of The Game